Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

Robert L Bass wrote:

> I haven't been following this thread closely so I'm not sure to
> whom you're responding, but in this newsgroup that is considered
> fairly tame.

That's actually pretty "normal" for you.  You look for "key words" in
the different threads to respond to.

> Some of these morons will attack your wife,
> children, parents, anyone and everyone.

"Some"?  As far as I know there was only ever "one" that resorted to
these tactics (and he's no longer participating).

> At least one four of
> them have gone RL on me.

Do you mean "one" or "four", or "forteen"?  How many have you gone RL on
in the many years you've been posting to Usenet?

> Then the same morons whine that *I'm*
> ruining *their* newsgroup.

Nope.  We object to:

1.  Your blatant advertising of services that have nothing to do with
the group's purpose and violates the FAQ.

2.  Your constant belittling of the professionals actually "in the trade".

3.  Your misrepresentations and outright lies.

4.  The fact that you frequently instigate flame wars with odd little
comments peppered with the names or taglines of the individuals that
have expressed opinions which oppose yours or have objected to your
"antics".

5.  Bombing the group with "PR" posts that include dozens of links to
your online store which you say helps your efforts at "better search
engine positioning".

> It would be even funnier if these jackasses weren't responsible
> for securing other people's homes and businesses.

Did you tell the people you "installed and serviced" systems for that
you were an ex-con??  When did you actually decide to open the CS you
ran out of your home?  Was it in 1980 when you first got into the
business?  Why did it take you three years to obtain the proper
licensing to actually perform installations and service, and a further
six years for you to get licensed to pull permits?  Does this mean that
for *nine years* you were installing alarm equipment *without a permit*?
  Was your company even licensed to do business in Hartford?  You
started your first "online" venture in 1996.  You changed its format
last year, got rid of a FAQ section that you were pretty darn proud of,
and opened three new online stores all selling the same thing.  Why??
What's with the unanswered complaints at the BBB?  How is it you
obtained an account with ADI when you aren't even licensed as a
contractor in Florida?  What really happened when the DBPR came to your
door?  Why haven't you provided us with the results of the investigation
and the subsequent conclusions to back up what you've said about the
matter?  Are you really contemplating opening a central station in Brazil?

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com