Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

Papa wrote:
> Read the OPs post again. He was asking for opinions on X10 branded
> equipment. Whether it is an alarm system or a TV system is really beside the
> point.
>
> And as far as your snide comment about X10 alarm systems - opinions vary,
> even among "professionals".

Hmmm
I read it again and he says he's looking to install a CCTV system using
X10 cameras and equipment. Nowhere does he ask for a general opinion on
X10 products.

My comment wasn't meant to be "snide" .  Just factual.  I'm just trying
to let you know that in my experience over 7 or 8 years in this
Newsgroup made up of professional installers, that you'll not get any
endorsements to use X10 alarms or CCTV equipment ..... because it's not
considered professional equipment .....that's all. In fact I HAVE used
quite a bit of their power line carrier equipment through the years,
but in recent years, other companies have improved on their original
ideas and they haven't. I could have given you my explicit opinion
about their equipment,  and made comment about your using it, but since
you're obviously happy with it, it would serve no purpose. If it serves
your purpose that's fine. As I told the OP, he could perhaps try the
X10 camera equipment and if it didn't work our maybe he could return
it. The specifications given for their CCTV equipment is usually pretty
vague so it's difficult to tell if it will do what you want it to do
without acutally having the equipment and trying it.

Sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to save someone the trouble
of wasting their time and money.

The end.