Re: Free estimates?

>> Dunno.  And he's frequently stated he
>> was still running his business in
>> CT from Florida until he sold it in 2000...
>
> He was

Yep.

> He lived in CT. He went to ADI Cromwell
> to pick his stuff up. He may have had an
> Ohio license but so what?...

Nope.  I have no idea where he came up with tat one.  I never did business in Ohio.  It would have been too long a commute from West
Hartford.

> I had an Alabama license up until
> April of this year. Does that mean
> I never lived in CT or NY?

Driver or contractor?

>>> The folks at the CBFAA remember
>>> him as the guy who always wore
>>> strange hats and sat in the corner...

Strange hats, yes.  Sitting in a corner?  No chance.  When I attended meetings I was always outspoken.

> He had been a member for quite a
> few years...

Yep.  Russ Frasier talked me into going to a CBFAA meeting with him many years ago.  I joined some time after that and kept up my
membership for many years but I only attended meetings a few times a year.  I don't smoke, I rarely drink and I don't care who is
elected to be the next Moron in Charge of the trade group so most meetings were of little interest to me.

> I guess I also didn't see his "installations"
> when I operated in CT.

There were a few dozen systems I installed in the Milford area in the early years when we were hungry enough to travel that far.
Once my c-station was bringing in enough revenue I tried to concentrate on W. Hartford and Farmington Valley.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics