Re: Free estimates?

Frank Olson wrote:

> >>Nope.  For over a year you didn't (for some reason) have an 800 number published to your website.
> >

> > Read more carefully.
>
> Heh...  right.

> >>For your sake I hope so.
> >

> > Liar!
>
> Now expressing a genuine concern is a "lie"?  Since when?
>

> > You'd like nothing better than to find a way to cause problems
> > with the state.
>
> You're now confusing me with "someone else".
>

> > I operate completely within the law so, try
> > as you may, there's nothing you or the other morons here
> > can do about it.
>
> Once again it becomes a matter of interpretation.  My interpretation of
> the law has always been based on what it was the people that wrote it
> were trying to do.  In this instance, Florida (in their infinite wisdom)
> decided to regulate an industry that was obviously "rife" with
> "trunk-slammers" and pseudo-security "hacks" that espoused "years" of
> inept security knowledge.  Flordia's done no more than what I've been
> asking you to do for some time now.  Put up or shut up.
>
> You "say" you started a "modest central station alarm company in
> Connecticut" in 1979 with what amounts to *zero* industry knowledge, no
> licensing, and no clientelle.  Submitting the paperwork to register a
> company is pretty easy to do, but I sincerely doubt you had the
> expertise (or the background) to "hit the ground running".  Remember,
> this was the same year you were convicted of a felony assault in Florida
> and sentenced to five years probation.  You finally got your license
> (L-6) in 1983.  That means you could legally install and service low
> voltage systems but couldn't pull permits.  You finally got the
> contractor's L-5 in 1989.  Between 1979 and 1983 however, you were
> installing systems *illegally* (if you were even doing installations)
> and that between 1979 and 1989 you were doing so without the proper
> permits.  This of course clashes with several posts you've made in which
> you've stated you *always* pulled permits. <

I doubt he always pulled permits but I'll bet he pulled them when he
had to.
OK he had no license when he opened. Hey Frank I never held a CT
license either.
I didn't install systems when I first opened. My employees installed
and held licenses.
He very well could have had a state registered E1 or an L5 on his
payroll.
I'm not defending Robert. He brings alot of this on himself but the
more you post the more the bullseye starts leaving his back and starts
moving towards yours. I am pointing out the numerous possibilities. He
may very well have installed without a license too. Who knows? We can
only ASSUME.

> The MyFlorida website is actually quite a magnificent resource.  It lead
> me to another State's website in which one "Robert L. Bass" was involved
> in a real-estate transaction that involved the sale of a house.  This is
> why I was asking fairly detailed questions about where it was you were
> between 1993 and 1996.  It certainly couldn't have been CT because you
> had (at one time) an Ohio drivers license.  But I digress.<

So you are saying Robert Bass didn't live in CT and operate Northeast
Security/Bass Home from 1993 to 1996?
OK I guess the people at ADI Cromwell, the CBFAA, and Richardson
Brothers in Stratford are all liars then because when I checked him out
they all knew him and his accounts had activity. The folks at the CBFAA
remember him as the guy who always wore strange hats and sat in the
corner. He had been a member for quite a few years. I guess I also
didn't see his "installations" when I operated in CT.

> I figure your "marital difficulties" probably prevented your direct
> involvement in the "company" you started in 1979 for a period of between
> four and six years (1993 to 1999) which casts quite a light on the
> "length in the trade" statement you continue to spew.  I figure that
> your "involvement" in the "management/sales" end of things probably
> didn't allow you a lot of time to actually perform installations or
> service.  I've concluded some time ago that your actual "experience"
> probably amounts to about eight or nine years at best. <

This is the type of nonsense that makes you look foolish. You waste
time drumming up theories and then you share the silly results in a
public forum. I can only hope your installation skills don't rival that
of your investigative skills.

> Meanwhile, you've based your personal attacks on several things:
>
> 1.  Your inability to "find" out anything about me because I happen to
> be using my birth name in this forum when I'm known in the industry by
> my step-father's family name.  This is akin to saying that "Jim", "I
> brive a dus", and "tourman" while all bona-fide members of the "Yonkers
> Kazoo Marching Band and Poker Club" simply aren't because their "screen
> names" don't appear anywhere on the members list.
> 2.  Your aviation "expertise" (which has been repeatedly shown to be
> somewhat "lacking").  You have yet to provide one shred of proof that
> what I've related in this forum with respect to my experiences are
> either lies or fabrications.  What's even more amusing is that you
> expect us to "swallow" your own installation fairy tales which are
> riddled with mistakes most "pro's" recognize immediately (and many have
> "called you" on).
> 3.  Your obvious frustration over the fact that I'm *not* "walking the
> road" with the likes of Mike S. (Groupie Muderator) so it's hard to
> actually "lump me in" with that special group of people you often refer
> to as the "IB" (as hard as you might try).
> 4.  I actually *work* in the trade while you're sitting on "your can"
> all day spinning yarns over the Internet on how hard you're done by, and
> how none of us have the least respect for the DIYer.
> 5.  You're an "Ultra Maroon". <

His information on you is just as worthless as your info on him. You
both look like morons when you post.
If you're going to make a false claim please use something comical.

Robert's Funny lie- Tom Fowler spent time in a New Mexico Jail
Robert's unfunny lie- Tom Fowler yelled at a lady at ADI

Tom's Funny lie- Robert Bass visited the alt.plumpers newsgroup.
Tom's unfunny lie - ok so all of my lies have been funny. I can't help
it. I'll try to post something unfunny.

Geez Frank stop destroying any credibility you have by posting
stupidity.