Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

Frank Olson wrote:
> I brive a dus wrote:
>
> > He let his license expire. It was never revoked. Did he lie on the app?
> > Yes.
>

> Actually, he didn't.  At least according to the info at "you know where"... <

According to the State of CT Department of Consumer Protection
Occupational Licensing Division his license expired. It was not
revoked. Now if someone has more accurate information than what the
issuing body offers please do tell. I love fiction.

> > Did the State do shit about it? No. They looked at his file and
> > nothing happened.
> > You can add CT to the list of states he can re-open in if Florida ever
> > did anything more than talk.
> > There are enough reasons for a consumer to question purchasing from him
> > (and other online stores as well) but when you start tossing horseshit
> > on the pile it all ends up stinking.
>
> I agree.  For one thing I think he would enjoy far more success if he
> had someone really professional design his site...  It isn't very user
> friendly, relies on "alarm speak" because it's primarily a "cut and
> paste" job from various manufacturer's websites, and he changes the
> phone numbers more often than I do my undies (the last bit is a blatant
> exaggeration). <

You might want to take a peek at his Google Adwords campaign. He's in
the top 5 of most keywords which has to be an average per click upwards
of $1.50. Some he's bidding the minimum and others he's outbidding
everyone other than ADT and Brinks.
I'd say he's making a buck. I agree his site needs some help but who am
I to speak? My website looks like a Myspace blog (the new one launches
this week).

> > You're not someone with first hand experience when it comes to going
> > real life with Robert. I am. Back in 99 he was raising a stink about my
> > company claiming we held no CT license. From there things escalated
> > with both of us trying to cause harm to each other's business. He would
> > post silly stories claiming his friend's were receiving calls from my
> > telemarketers, and I would post stories about him being questioned for
> > pedophilia.
> > Back and forth on and on it went. While it was a waste of time it was
> > also a source of amusement. We had top shelf flame wars going back
> > then. Now this place is duller than the Special Olympics luge event.
>
> I was wondering where all that came from...  That just "stinks", Tom. <

Nah in retrospect it was quite comical. I didn't lose a dime and I
wouldn't bet on my posts costing him money either.

> Bass has frequently attacked me in the Group (and even gone "real
> life"), but I've never resorted to this tactic.  I did file a formal
> complaint at the "MyFlorida" website, but they apparently never received
> it due to some "glitch" in the coding which they've since corrected.  I
> never re-filed because at that point, Bass' online behaviour was enough
> to make any potential customer tuck tail and run. <

How many customers would have done business with any number of us had
they seen our newsgroup conduct? He would be affected more than us by
newsgroup behavior. The difference being he advertises here and we
don't.

> It hasn't improved
> all that much since.  These days all I'm asking is that he provides
> proof for the more outlandish things he says...  I can't remember the
> last time I posted his BBB report... <

Seriously Frank why should he answer you? You two are fighting all the
time. He's going to provide you with more ammo? This newsgroup isn't
governed by the Marquess of Queensbury rules so your asking over and
over and over and over and over and over (get the point?) and over and
over and over (has it sunk in yet?) and over and over and over and over
(annoying isn't it?) and over and over and over and over (my constantly
posting and over isn't doing this message any justice is it?) and over
again even knowing he won't answer is silly.
Fly down to Florida, ring his doorbell, and the two of you kick each
other's ass already.
I'll give him this in that he doesn't hide his name, address, phone
number, business info, or even supplier info. All of his information is
easily accessed which gives anyone who fights with him plenty of
avenues to attack him. He's not hard to find (wait, I'll beat you to it
- unless it's a customer sending him an email - ok? better now? good
now let's move on).

You OTOH have kept your information private even though you expect
Robert to divulge more of his.
So forever and a day we see Robert post info about you selling parts at
a counter and you always refuting that info. Why won't you post where
you work? Are you worried he may do to you what you have done to him?
If that is the reason then why do you insist on continuing to poke at
him in real life?
He's not going to leave. He's not going out of business. He can duck
the laws by moving his virtual business from State to State or to
another country. He's not going to change his ways. And he's certainly
not going to answer your questions.
It's like I told Don, you're boring the shit out of me.
Either find something new to poke at him about or stop. It's old.
The flames are fucking cheesy. Between him and the 737 rolling, ladder
shock, plastic box, counter clerking, and you with the BBB, where do I
work?, Elk1, prove it nonsense this place is like Groundhog's Day but
with retards inhabiting the city.

He's still fair game on the years in business because that changes from
day to day, his posting passwords, and some questionable programming
replies are good fodder, along with posts wishing physical harm but the
other stuff on him needs to be buried in a Time capsule.

IMHO the last time I saw 2 guys so preoccupied with each other was on
Brokeback Mountain.

Neither one of you will earn anything by harming each other and you
could certainly allow yourselves more time to spend with loved ones or
making a buck if you'd stop wasting time repeating the same shit every
day.

> > Look at
> > Frank when he first started posting. He was french kissing Robert's ass
> > until Robert poked the beehive.
>
> Gag!!  P-t-oo-ie!  Thanks a lot!!  Now I've gotta go wash my mouth out
> with Lysol and sandpaper my tongue. <

Should I post the Ghost of Google's Past and really make you sick?

> > Merry Christmas
> >

> And to you!! <

Best wishes to you and the family Frank. Enjoy your first Christmas as
a grampa.