Re: CP-01

> ...I was told on burg zones it is set at 30 seconds default and can be lowered to
> 15 seconds . If set lower than 15 it defaults
> back to 30.  No delay on fire or panic or
> trouble zones.

Following is the wording as regards the user manuals.

"4.6.1. Add a note to Quick Reference that
user manuals should contain the following
statement, or one similar:
'There is a communicator delay of 30 seconds
in this control panel. It can be removed, or it
can be increased up to 45 seconds, at the
option of the end user by consulting with the
installer.'"

Note that CP-01 does not state that the delay itself is mandatory.  It only requires that it be at least a programmable option and
that the option be activated as part of the default settings.

Someone was actually thinking when this was drafted.  Instead of throwing the entire burden of deciding how to implement it, SIA
wants the manufacturers to inform the end user and include him/her in the decision making process.  I think this is good because it
enlists the end user in false alarm prevention.  Since user error is the greatest single cause of false alarms, it only makes sense
to get them involved in reducing the problem.

As to the dialer delay period (CP-01 calls it an "Abort Window"), it applies to all non-fire zones.  The minimum time, when used, is
15 seconds.  The maximum is 45 secondsand the default setting is 30 seconds.  The standard bows to NFPA regarding fire zones.  You
can disable the abort window on any or all zones of a particular type if desired.  The control panel standard only requires that it
be available in the panel.

BTW, if you are referring to a specific panel, that may differ somewhat from the SIA standard of which I am speaking.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics