Re: CP-01

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in a weak message with   attempts at being insulting:

> >> Ok, so with that being said, a burglar enters an unfamiliar house or
> >>business, possibly dark, has a siren blairing and needs to find the
alarm
> >>panel. Which way does he go first? According to RLB's reasoning, the
panels
> >>are installed in easily accessable and obvious locations, hence the
dialer
> >>delay is a dangerous option. Does the perp go upstairs, to the basement,
> >>the garage, laundryroom, master bedroom closet, pantry?
>
> As usual, this idiot has deliberately misconstrued what I said.

Hardly

> I don't like dialer delays because they give the thief more time to
> possibly attack the system.

And I believe that the above shows it is highly improbable that in 15-30
seconds there will be enough time to do that. But it really doesn't matter
now, does it, since it is "the standard". Greater minds than you, along with
mountains of independent study from well recognized industry experts, seem
to think it is acceptable. It is thinking like yours that has gotten the
problem to where it is today. If there would have been standards set years
ago, it would have stopped the people that think they are smarter than
everyone else (hmmm) from setting systems up to the point that made the
customer fail. Like training them over the phone for instance. Where did
your "800" number go anyway? Getting too expensive?

> I believe that a well-planned, well-executed alarm installation operated
by a well-trained end user
> should never cause false alarms.

That is a universal belief but yet the industry, law enforcement and the
public still are having a false alarm problem. However it is getting better
very fast. But you wouldn't know anything about that. You are dependant only
on what you read, which in most cases is very slanted towards politics and
budgets rather than the real problem. Admit it,  you "do not have any"
recent practical experience to have first hand information.

>Unfortunately, with idiots like Worthy pushing >"security" systems

as compared to an idiot that is a parts re-seller

>on unsuspecting customers,

Wanta compare BBB reports?

 >there will always be a false alarm problem.

Righttttt! That is why through my legislative efforts (4 industry related
bills passed into law in the last four years), being appointed to a
Committee of Continueing Existence with the Florida Police Chiefs
Association, be awarded Certificates of Appreciation from the Miami-Dade
Police Department for the work I have done there, being awarded as the best
State Association (which I am on the executive board) working with law
enforcement by the national false alarm reduction group FARA, being an
instructor at our local police false alarm schools, and having the lowest
false alarm ratio in the county for three years running is why I don't deal
with unsuspecting customers. They seek me out. Florida is leading the
country in our false alarm reduction efforts and is becoming a model for law
enforcement to follow. Wait until you see what is heading for your beloved
DIYer market. I will be sure to let you know (last). Unfortunately you won't
be able to help them with this one because it will take a license. :o] Just
might loose your home state there bubba.

Voce e um cabe ca oca!  (Can't get in all the accents but you get the drift)