Re: CP-01

"Roland" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Q4Whh.23090$GB1.13821@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I don't know what he'll say but I was told on burg zones it is set at 30
> seconds default and can be lowered to 15 seconds . If set lower than 15 it
> defaults back to 30.  No delay on fire or panic or trouble zones.

Ok, so with that being said, a burglar enters an unfamiliar house or
business, possibly dark, has a siren blairing and needs to find the alarm
panel. Which way does he go first? According to RLB's reasoning, the panels
are installed in easily accessable and obvious locations, hence the dialer
delay is a dangerous option. Does the perp go upstairs, to the basement, to
the garage, laundryroom, master bedroom closet, pantry? Does he need to
cover office after office, warehouse area, computer room which is also
usually locked? Which direction is first. If the home is dark does he need
to find all the light switches in these areas first or does RLB think they
all carry flashlights. Your guess is as good as mine on this, but I do know
the homeowner themselves can't get to the keypad in 30 seconds time to turn
it off half the time. So I hardly think the perp has a chance in beating the
signal. Worst case senerio, the police arrive in 10 minutes and fifteen
seconds, rather than the regular 10 minutes. In RLB's case, it is just
another example of him not being able to help himself. He must post to
everything whether he has a clue or not. CPO-1 standard came out long after
he installed anything. He only knows what he has read and by not being
active in the business may not understand all of that. IMO, his preferred
use of cancel codes can be a dangerous option as well. Not necessarily for
property protection but personal protection is the concern. There is the use
of duress codes but if someone did turn of the system and truely needed
help, the alarm may be canceled. It needs to be called on regardless to get
the cancel word, code, what ever you wanta call it. The central station
still needs to handle the alarm or the could be a serious problem. To many
cancel codes are handled through the computer and never go to the
dispatcher.

> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Bob,
> >>
> >> Many of the CP-01 control panel standards are programmable options.
The