Re: DSC PC3000 Lockout

> So if everyone of these manufacturers
> and supply houses has a story about
> Bass

You're missing the obvious.  He's lying.  There was nothing at EH Expo.  I buy more from ADI than Mugford and ten like him.  Do you
think they give a rat's olson what he thinks?  They bend over backward to take care of my account.  The same is true of most of the
others.  I say most because I don't buy enough GE stuff to keep an open account with them.  They're more interested in the ADT's of
this world.  That's fine with me.  I get better prices on their stuff from a 3rd party distributor than I could get buying direct.

I also supply a few small dealers and every once in a while (like today, for example) I actually get orders from a small
distributor.  I buy certain CCTV lines in enough quantity that my cost is now lower than some distributors are paying.

> it might be more for the listener's benefit

Naah.  Itt was for your "benefit".  Mugford and Worthy are inveterate liars.

> If you sell enough of their gear, they will
> invite you to a black tie ball and let you
> attend in a g-string if you like, and still
> bill you as the guest of honor...

Hmm.  The black tie dinner sounds great but that G-string event would get ne killed.  Angela bought a pair of scissors from this
Bobbit woman on eBay and...  :^)

> In fact if ADI were to start booting folks
> using the 80% versus 20% rule, guys like
> Bass probably wouldn't be hurt, but it
> might end up being that Bass' store was
> the only way to get parts for some folks
> here.

For a few small dealers it is.  One guy in Tennessee losthis account with ADI due to business problems.  He orders a few
Ademco/Honeywell panels from me two or three times a month.

> I have told countless horror stories about
> various dealer's or integrators work to
> different manufacturers...

I'll give you a clue as to what Napco says about me.  They wrote a story about one of my customized Napco installations for an
Orthodox synagogue in their newsletter a few years ago.  The story was titled, "Friday the Rabbi Slept Late".  In another issue they
wrote about a custom job I did for a blind couple.

I've been a Napco dealer longer than most of these jackasses have been in the trade.

> To date none has ever bothered to take any action against any dealer that has any real
> volume with them...

> Former Congressman Ciro Rodriguez defeated
> seven-term Republican Henry Bonilla in a runoff
> election Tuesday, adding another Democrat to
> Congress.

The more the better.  :^)

> So I'll post it for him just to steal his thunder.

Awe, shucks!

> What can it matter now  since Bass' politics
> are all wet anyway in my opinion.

We won though, didn't we?  :^)

> My take is that at this point Congress needs
> another Democrat like a randy stray dog
> needs another blood sucking flea, or Clinton
> needs another young female aid...

I suspect he has an ample supply of willing, young ladies.  It's a shame he wasn't more selective though.  Monica?  Yuck!