Re: DSC PC3000 Lockout

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DSC PC 3000. It works well
and has in my experience no bugs in that chip version. I have more than
a dozen spare boards that I keep in stock to service my existing
customer base, but most have been eaten up by other small dealer
friends who need them as well. The board is no longer made by DSC so
they have actually increased in value as they decrease in availability.

DSC will not unlock any boards. To my knowledge, they never have at any
time in the past. 'when you think about it, why would they do something
to defeat a feature they put into their boards originally. As well, why
do something that decreases the number of boards they sell.

Send it off to Jim Rojas in Florida if you are in the US, or myself in
Eastern Canada (east of the Manitoba border), or Action Jackson at
www.unlockservices.com for anything west of that same border.

Howeverm If you do bite the bullet and replace it with a modern alarm
panel, you WILL end up with a more modern panel that definately can
communicate much more quickly to the Central Station.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security MetaL Products
www.homemetal.com/installer_lockout.htm