Re: DSC PC3000 Lockout

> Sorta the same reaction I got from the Honeywell folks at the E House Expo
> in Orlando and they didn't hold anything back.
I'd take all that with a grain of salt. If ADI wanted to get rid of Bass or
anyone selling like Bass they could turn off his account in an instant and
let the lawyers hash it all out. ADI has more lawyers and more expensive
ones I bet. Guess who'd win?
I know of guys running various rep firms losing some lines they rep just for
telling the wrong joke around the big wigs at the companies of products they
rep. Everyone knows about the letters Bosch sent out kicking folks off the
tit. It is not hard to do. So if everyone of these manufacturers and supply
houses has a story about Bass, it might be more for the listener's benefit
and less a reflection of the real conditions of the business relationship
Bass has with them. If Bass is moving any decent volume of their stuff, and
they haven't seen fit to boot him by now, I doubt they ever will. If you
sell enough of their gear, they will invite you to a black tie ball and let
you attend in a g-string if you like, and still bill you as the guest of
honor. In fact if ADI were to start booting folks using the 80% versus 20%
rule, guys like Bass probably wouldn't be hurt, but it  might end up being
that Bass' store was the only way to get parts for some folks here.
>> You ought to hear what Tech support at Napco has to say about him.
I have told countless horror stories about various dealer's or integrators
work to different manufacturers. To date none has ever bothered to take any
action against any dealer that has any real volume with them. That is just
the way it is here in this industry, and everywhere else I suspect. Money
talks and BS walks. Some of you guys like to point the finger at Bass, but
if Bass had a really evil twin the folks at GE, Honeywell, etc. could give
him lessons in vermin business behavior that would make him puke.
Although it's unlikely, Bass may be improving and getting away from his role
as group gadfly. At least for some reason he didn't get around to posting
this yet:
Former Congressman Ciro Rodriguez defeated seven-term Republican Henry
Bonilla in a runoff election Tuesday, adding another Democrat to Congress.
So I'll post it for him just to steal his thunder. What can it matter now
since Bass' politics are all wet anyway in my opinion.
My take is that at this point Congress needs another Democrat like a randy
stray dog needs another blood sucking flea, or Clinton needs another young
female aid.   Wait, maybe that's saying the same thing twice.