Re: DSC PC3000 Lockout

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DKidnaWEGpPt4h3YnZ2dnUVZ_qmpnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > So if everyone of these manufacturers
> > and supply houses has a story about
> > Bass
>
> You're missing the obvious.  He's lying.  There was nothing at EH Expo.

Don't remember seeing your face in the group discussion. Only your name and
the OP's comments.

  I buy more from ADI than Mugford and ten like him.  Do you
> think they give a rat's olson what he thinks?

Get with it Robert, Mugford wasn't even involved in this thread. Obviously
he has gotten into your head. Try to concentrate on what you are saying, it
will help you keep your stories straight.

  They bend over backward to take care of my account.

No, I think they simply got tired of being bent over backwards with your
warranty abuse.

 The same is true of most of the
> others.

Really...

 I say most because I don't buy enough GE stuff to keep an open account with
them.

To keep or get an open account with them?

  They're more interested in the ADT's of
> this world.  That's fine with me.  I get better prices on their stuff from
a 3rd party distributor than I could get buying direct.

You're a third party distributor, so what you are saying is that you are
buying from a competitor for less money.....hmmm..

> I also supply a few small dealers and every once in a while (like today,
for example) I actually get orders from a small
> distributor.

That is either BS or that distributor is a complete fool. Tell us how
warrantys work when buying from resellers like yourself Robert, unless your
dependant on the manufacturer not knowing the product was resold and then
resold again. Do you offer full disclosure about the manufacturers warranty
when you sell  parts to your customers Robert?

> > it might be more for the listener's benefit
>
> Naah.  Itt was for your "benefit".  Mugford and Worthy are inveterate
liars.

There's that Mugford name again. Bad Norm, go to your room for getting into
Robert's head.

> > If you sell enough of their gear, they will
> > invite you to a black tie ball and let you
> > attend in a g-string if you like, and still
> > bill you as the guest of honor...
>
> Hmm.  The black tie dinner sounds great but that G-string event would get
ne killed.  Angela bought a pair of scissors from this
> Bobbit woman on eBay and...

decided they would be useless so she sold them back :^)

> > In fact if ADI were to start booting folks
> > using the 80% versus 20% rule, guys like
> > Bass probably wouldn't be hurt, but it
> > might end up being that Bass' store was
> > the only way to get parts for some folks
> > here.
>
> For a few small dealers it is.  One guy in Tennessee lost his account with
ADI due to business problems.  He orders a few
> Ademco/Honeywell panels from me two or three times a month.

Supporting the deadbeats are you? If he handled his account in a way to
loose it, how does he handle the rest of his business? But again there are
parts sellers and there are those that are in the security business. Parts
sellers don't care who they sell to. How many unlicensed contractors do you
sell to Robert? Since you are so anti-regulation, you probably never
considered inquiring about licensing when selling to someone that is
obviously buying more than a DIYer would buy, have you?

> > I have told countless horror stories about
> > various dealer's or integrators work to
> > different manufacturers...
>
> I'll give you a clue as to what Napco says about me.

You don't have a clue what Napco or anyone else outside this forum says
"about" you. You only know what they say "to" you.

> They wrote a story about one of my customized >Napco installations for an
>Orthodox synagogue in their newsletter a few >years ago.

A persons reputation is only as good as his last transaction. How long ago
was your last install?

>The story was titled, "Friday the Rabbi Slept >Late".  In another issue
they
>wrote about a custom job I did for a blind >couple.

A few years ago, when I was in high school, I was an All-State football
player and had lots of articles written about me, but you don't see me
trying to compete with the "pros" today.

> I've been a Napco dealer longer than most of these jackasses have been in
the trade.

So what are you trying to say? That because your an old timer, the people in
tech support should bow down to the phone when you call?

> > To date none has ever bothered to take any action against any dealer
that has any real
> > volume with them...

Except when they are being abused.