Re: looking for UL standards

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bf8832583l2uq0qv5gkuia2vln9u3vcm35@xxxxxxxxxx
> > My employer manufactures UL certified items...
>
> When did UL start to certify anything?

1894

> It's possible that they do this to guard their name.

How does this guard their name? Our product is UL listed. We pay for that.
Now we must pay extra to use a label supplier who has also paid for the
privelage of printing the symbol. It's a simple graphic. It wouldn't bother
me so much if it wasn't a recent change.

A McDonalds franchise sued McDonalds Corp (It may have been Wendys or BK - I
don't really remember) for the right to use any meat supplier they chose, so
long as they adhered to the same quality standards. This is nothing more
than UL generating an additional revenue stream, and forcing their customers
into it.