Re: looking for UL standards

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3gSYf.225461$B94.34125@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  Use of any such "mark" should be
> carefully controlled.  I sell, service, and install UL/ULC listed
> equipment on a daily basis (as do a number of other Dealers that
> participate here).  An installation that's UL/ULC certificated over one
> exactly the same which isn't, can be an important distinction for both
> the customer and the vendor/servicing Dealer.  Think about it.
>
> Frank Olson
> http://www.yoursecuritysource.com

My employer manufactures UL certified items. We do not make our own labels,
we have them made to order. This is the label that WE put on OUR UL listed
item.

We are not permitted by UL to have our local printer make labels for us. We
MUST either make them ourselves, or purchase them from an 'approved'
supplier.

The label has absolutely nothing to do with the use of our parts. In fact,
the label is discarded before the parts are installed.

How can buying the label from an approved supplier add any value to this? UL
approved our parts, not the plastic bag it comes in.