Re: looking for UL standards

Steve Foley wrote:

> Did you know that UL also requires the packaging vendor to be 'certified' in
> order to print the UL symbol on your box/sleeve/label?
>
> They shot the other foot too!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  Use of any such "mark" should be
carefully controlled.  I sell, service, and install UL/ULC listed
equipment on a daily basis (as do a number of other Dealers that
participate here).  An installation that's UL/ULC certificated over one
exactly the same which isn't, can be an important distinction for both
the customer and the vendor/servicing Dealer.  Think about it.

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com