Re: looking for UL standards

Chris Miller said:

>Relax Frank, I would be happy to purchase a copy from anyone. Figured
>someone might want to recoup some of their $$$$ should of been 609

Do yourself and your wallet a favor, and don't buy standards like 609, 365,
1076, and probably 827.    And especially, don't buy 636.  Now, 681 is one
you should have, as that is an installation standard.  609 and 365 are
equipment standards - interesting, but mostly to manufacturers.  827 is a
real important standard to have if you are operating a central station, but
I doubt it will be on your contractor's test.

UL, in my opinion, has shot itself in the foot by making its standards so
expensive that only manufacturers can afford them.  I promise you that you
are going to feel ripped off when you see what you get for your $445.

- badenov