Re: DIY COMPONENTS . COM

>> If I was in the US I would be doing the same (but with
>> CCTV), here, cant exactly import then ship back out to
>> the US ... cost would be triple in the end .. and drop
>> shipping doesnt work from here, just too much red tape.

With CCTV you'd face a different problem.  Several CCTV
distributors who supply the trade also sell openly to the public.
The only way to beat them is to stick to product lines they can't
buy wholesale -- where you're on an even footing with them.

> You need a US office or US front man to order your drop
> ships for you...

There's more to it than that.  In order to transact CC sales
online you need a US commercial bank account.  Due to tightening
post-911 regulations that's becoming more of a pain to obtain.
US-based credit card processing companies will require
documentation before allowing you to process online sales.  You
could use a Bahamian cc processor but some US card companies
decline large ticket foreign orders on the assumption there's
fraud involved unless the cardholder notifies them in advance.

> I don't know why ADI wouldn't be willing to drop ship from
> local branches to customers for you.  That's what Robert did,
> and I did to some extant.

You need more than ADI.  I have accounts with most major
distributors and several manufacturers.

> I only shipped the smalls tuff that I kept lots of in stock
> from my office.  Tings like onesy twosy contacts.  Etc...

I prefer to drop ship everything.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass