Re: DIY COMPONENTS . COM

> The only thing I can figure is that RLB spent a lot of
> evenings and weekends behind the keyboard building
> his on-line store...

Yep.  Over eight years so far, but it's really a full-time job --
not just evenings and weekends.  I recently hired someone to help
with customer support (returns, credits, changes, etc.) and
another to add new product lines to the website.

> Time that I refuse to take away from myself and my
> family.  You do recall he got divorced in that time
> frame.  I certainly don't want to stir the pot, but
> spending all that time working certainly must have
> taken its toll.

Actually, the separation was planned long before the online store
started to grow.  I'm very happily remarried now, spending half
my time in the US and half in Brazil.

You made a business and family decision to drop the online store.
Your posts here and what little I've heard from customers
indicate you treated them well.  I wish you much success in
selling installed systems or whatever else you may decide to do.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms