Re: FCI 7100

"Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:XiYTe.15$Ij1.4952@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I would also think..that if it were a known problem (manny suggests
> for 2 years) that a tech bulletin should have gone out to every dealer
> informing them of the problem AND the fix. Sounds like there are some
> butts hanging in the wind here.
>

> "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> How the hell does FCI get away with this?  Any other manufacturer
>> would probably lose their UL Listing for lesser reasons.
>>
>> Though I am not an FCI dealer...we weren't too far off from what the
>> gentleman described his problems were. If you are correct, then the
>> manufacturer is totally responsible, and should overnight a new panel
>> to remedy the situation quickly. If they fail to comply, contact UL
>> and document everything.
>>
>> Jim Rojas
>>

>> "manny" <makusafe@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> None of these people no the problem, as none of the are dealers for
>>> FCI, I
>>> have been dealing with this issue for almost two years, some panels
>>> just lock up with a comm error, the problem is with the dialer part
>>> of the Panel,
>>>
>>> The FCI 7100 has a seriuos problems with firmware, when using the
>>> built in
>>> DACT. Check to see what revision you running, the latest release is
>>> 6.3 for
>>> the main eprom.
>>> I recommend you get the dealer to replace the Panel or upgrade you
>>> revision
>>> to 6.3

FCI is really slow to send Tech Bullitins. The problem is that FCI had
Silent Knight built the dialer part for them, and I bet they were each
blaming each other. They are no longer selling that panel, you can only get
the FCI Solo which uses a separate dialer, If you get rid of the dialer the
panel works great. We have used separate dialers in some buildings not to
deal with this issue, the only bad part is you will no longer have point
reporting.