Re: Audio Video and power over cat 5

> I see that. I was more in tune to stating the misconceptions
> of PoE.  Most people in the alarm industry aren't very good
> at calculating line load/loss.

Agreed.  There are several online resources with voltage drop
tables, etc., which can help but most alarm techs don't even use
them.  Residential alarms rarely require any calculations since
most systems are small and wiring runs are short.

A wise man has often said, "This stuff isn't rocket science."
:^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass