Re: Audio Video and power over cat 5

Robert L Bass wrote:

>>I see that. I was more in tune to stating the misconceptions
>>of PoE.  Most people in the alarm industry aren't very good
>>at calculating line load/loss.
>

> Agreed.  There are several online resources with voltage drop
> tables, etc., which can help but most alarm techs don't even use
> them.

Maybe the ones you worked with.  Which means you didn't either because
you were unlicensed and using subs to qualify your business oh so many
years ago when you were scamming unsuspecting customers in that great
population center back east.

Residential alarms rarely require any calculations since
> most systems are small and wiring runs are short.

there is alot more to alarms than just those dinky residential system
you sell to your unsuspecting vict er customers