Re: Audio Video and power over cat 5

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fm54j1tkha7tpqr86kv199vb8l116rsbv4@xxxxxxxxxx
> >> How could you possibly know what 'most people in the
> >> alarm industry" do or don't do...
>
> Having spent half a lifetime in the industry (more years
> installing and servicing alarms than you've been alive judging
> from your vernacular), I have significantly more knowledge of
> what most installers do than you, my friend.

So 25 years installing in CT and FL gives you insight on most people in the
alarm industry? Yea right.

My guess is I've done far more installations than you've ever done in your
"half a lifetime" and worked in one way or another with several hundred
techs yet I'd never be so arrogant as to claim I "know" what most installers
do

> >> That is a lame over generalization meant to make yourself
> >> appear better.
>
> Nope.  It was a specific and accurate statement of the condition
> of the industry.  Once you've been around long enough to know
> something about it, please come back and share with us.  For now
> it's best you sit on the sidelines and lurk.

No it's only accurate in your mind to sell product

> >> most diy's are not good at calculating line loss/load...
>
> Most DIYers don't need to do line loss calculations because most
> DIY installations are medium to large residential jobs which
> rarely exceed the capacity of standard 22/4 cable.  However, a
> fair number of my DIY clients also install commercial fire alarm
> systems which require such considerations along with stand-by
> battery calculations, etc.

Funny, we just had an apparent DIY client who grossly overloaded his DSC
Power 832, guess they need some new calculators