Re: "Blanks" kill actors

I find it very interesting that people who disagree with me on this
thread make the assumption that no facts exist to back up what I have
stated as facts, even citing where I found these facts (in one case,
the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, which is not a
gun-control organization but does have research to back up their
statistics).

I also find it interesting all the name-calling and false association
with particular political affiliations.  Such as "liberal pandering for
shorter sentencing."  Which is, of course, nonsense.  There may be some
thought to reducing the nutty drug sentencing guidelines such as we
have here in NY, but aside from that I know of no groups trying to
shorten prison sentences.  But it's popular among some conservatives to
claim that they're the law-and-order group, and therefore the other
side wants to open prison doors and let the bad guys run loose.

Let's stick to the issue here.

Guns can be dangerous.  So can cars.  But suggesting that we ban cars
because they're dangerous is silly and detracts from the debate.

I will say that anybody who seriously believes that there is a vast
conspiracy among the media to hide any stories about guns being used to
stop crimes, well, I can't take that person seriously, and in fact if I
were to advocate taking away guns, people who believe in such nonsense
ought to be the first to lose their guns.  IF, I said.

Regarding what car or truck might be in an accident, in the
publications I read they generally say car or SUV, as appropriate.
Often they mention the model of the vehicle.

And I have read plenty of balanced articles on guns.

Regarding kids shot, NO, I am talking about particular stories, and NOT
statistics.  So no, I am not counting gang shootings, only when a
little kid finds a gun and someone gets shot.  Not the gang shootings.
I am talking about the several-time-a-year article in which a kid finds
a gun left around, plays with it, and BANG! little Timmy is dead.

I'm talking about gun safety, not gun confiscation.