Re: DMP Hoovers

news:o2X%e.608$nm5.1985@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You've got to be overlooking something or scrambling the program
> somehow...

Sure, it must be my fault.  Somehow after carefully doing a proper static
discharge and following the instructions in the manual exactly and doing
exactly what DMP tech support says it must be my fault somehow.

> I've been using DMP for 10+ years and never had probs like your
> experiencing.

Well, DMP doesn't know why or how (or they aren't saying), nor do they sound
surprised when it happens.

> If you're on service or repair status you're not a full dealer yet...

And never will be until Dave Sharp (notice I name names) apologizes
(probably not even then) for charging my credit card for stuff I never
ordered among other things.  You say that like its a bad thing by the way.
LOL.  Your tone seems to imply that somehow I want to be a full DMP dealer.
Sorry, they beat that desire out of me a long time ago.

> and you
> pay higher pricing.

I may be paying higher prices, but not for an equal or slightly superior
panel, and not to DMP.  LOL.  I said I can buy replacements.  Not that I was
going to.  It costs me a couple extra bucks to change out the panel and
keypads, but I do it to take care of the customer.   I have a good
relationship with the guys at Inovonics Wireless so their wireless is no big
deal when I swap out to a different panel.  I just buy a receiver and do a
quick site survey to make sure everything is still good.

> What happens if you power down completely for 20 sec or so, then power up,
> then short J16 ?

Same thing.  System Busy then System Trouble and totally non-responsive.

I forget which two pairs of leads they have me check, but they know exactly
what the problem is.  They say measure the voltage on this pair, now that
pair.  If they are both 5 volts the processor is locked up and you will have
to replace the board.

Its a recurring problem and they know about it.  Maybe they have told you
something that prevents it, but they aren't sharing with me.

I had maybe 50 DMP panels that I took over when I bought out Desert Alarm.
five (5) have failed from this problem.  After the first one I have taken
extra care to find a good ground and touch it before touching the panel and
do it exactly like it says in the manual and it still happens.

Sorry, I'm glad DMP works for you, but from a customer service, sales, and
field service standpoint DMP has been poor, pushy and abrasive, and junk for
me since day one.

As far as I'm concerned the XR-10 and XR-20 are junk.  I don't know about
any of their other panels and I'm not likely to get any first hand
experience with their other panels anytime soon.

I don't know what DMP's problem is.  I aproached them in good faith three
times and came away feeling like a second class citizen each time.  Now
their panels are having problems and they don't seem to care to find out
why.  Somebody at DMP want to take the time to prove otherwise?  I doubt it.
I notice our former resident ASA member who work(s/ed) for DMP is being
silent.

I am getting a small collection of spare keypads though.  You want them?  I
have thrown several away, but I still have a few.

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Spinnerbait Tackle Kit

Spinnerbait Tips & Tricks Contest