Re: Compass Software

news:hsOdnUJ2n7S9z83enZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > I started using 1555s on or about 97. 98....  7 years, Mark
> > I'm pretty good with DSC software. Download on the bench and upload to
> look
> > things over after each install. I don't use much Ademco panels all that
> > often so I don't use Compass much but , I must admit, Compass really
> pisses
> > me off. Any simple change is a complete fucking download, gimmee a
break,
> > and the CRC packet feedback bullshit while downloading... fuck off, just
> do
> > it, I'm not watching a suspense thriller for crissakes. Entertaining
> > software I must admit. Pretty, very pretty.
>
> The "must do a complete" download may be a function of the panel not the
> downloader, DSC obviously allows it but I know several panels that don't
> like Ademco, Caddx, AT&T etc, the bios might not permit it
>
> and if you bitch about a whole couple of minutes doing a download then
that
> isn't a problem with the panel or software if you know what I mean

Function of the panel, fer sure, otherwise they wouldn't have that big empty
screen with just the one radio button and room for so many more.

What do you mean "if"? ...I'm always grumbling.
Especially when I use DL software, computers too... I just find the more
things change, the more they stay the same. A couple minutes to dnload with
Compass? HA! it takes me a couple of minutes just to connect sometimes. If
you really want to experience frustration, try the Inovonics DOS DL package,
that one is waaaay fun.

Jeeeze, where the hell is Bass anyways? I can't believe he hasn't waded in
on my posts yet... I 'm giving him plenty of fodder.