Re: Compass Software

"mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:oNKdnQZY9cDN283eRVn-hg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I started using 1555s on or about 97. 98....  7 years, Mark
> I'm pretty good with DSC software. Download on the bench and upload to
look
> things over after each install. I don't use much Ademco panels all that
> often so I don't use Compass much but , I must admit, Compass really
pisses
> me off. Any simple change is a complete fucking download, gimmee a break,
> and the CRC packet feedback bullshit while downloading... fuck off, just
do
> it, I'm not watching a suspense thriller for crissakes. Entertaining
> software I must admit. Pretty, very pretty.

The "must do a complete" download may be a function of the panel not the
downloader, DSC obviously allows it but I know several panels that don't
like Ademco, Caddx, AT&T etc, the bios might not permit it

and if you bitch about a whole couple of minutes doing a download then that
isn't a problem with the panel or software if you know what I mean