Re: Compass Software

f's mean it's empty you're not using CSID.

it's a lock code so someone with Compass can't hack into client panel...it's
not visible in manual programming on the newer panels but it's there and
visible when you connect with Compass - it'll be all F's if you're not using
it.

Let's say you do a takeover and don't clear the csid with *96 then even you
cannot remotely connect with Compass because the old company may have been
using csid...but you got into programming on site because keypad programming
was NOT disabled. You'd have to go back out and manually clear the CSID,
then back to the office and use Compass to connect. (I've done this a couple
of times)

"mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| D'Oh, I just realized I don't use the CSID either, what the hell is it
| anyways?
| all I see is a bunch of Fs

| > on the first time.
| >
| > after that I use Account Number selection - I don't  use the CSID since
no
| > one could contact it without an account number and no one knows that but
| me.
| > Then I lock keypad programming. That should be good enough right?
| >

| > "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > |
| > | "mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

| this
| > | works
| and
| > | the

| > 15P

| you

| > one
| > |
| > | The first time connect is used if you don't have a CSID programmed
into
| > the
| > | panel, if you did then you'd use the other selection
| > |
| > |