Re: 5010 Communication Problems

"alarman" wrote...

> If you're really interested in security...why are you using  a Simon
> anyway?
> js

The most time I spend with them is on Simon 2 takeovers.  It seems that
there must have been doorknockers in the area a few years ago looking for
elderly people to sell a contract and some peace of mind to.  I'm not sure
if it's good or not, but I've only had to turn one motion detector
right-side-up (it spent three years watching the ceiling).

As far as security goes, I never have liked the Simon systems, especially
when the phone jack is usually either not used (and hence no line seizure)
or in plain sight.  At least the Allegro has dealt with that issue.

Generally we'll use them when we either haven't seen the home and can't get
a good description of it (out of town, old houses, etc.)... or when we
simply aren't able to run any wire at all (especially log homes).

As far as fully wireless systems go, it could be worse... could be a Snif
system :)