Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

> Someone was telling me yesterday (dunno if it's technically true or not)
> that the dependability of VoIP depends a lot on what type of network it's
> on; public or private. That Vonage is going on the public net and is less
> likely to be reliable than VoIP over private net like a cable company. Not
> sure I fully understand but just throwing this one out there for comment.
>

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> They've
> any
> | >
> | > Jim,
> | >
> | > Do you think that maybe it isn't the fact that the panels won't work
> with
> | > VOIP but rather that the manufacturers recognize the fact that the
> | > functionality of the VOIP equipment is subject to interruptions
leaving
> | the
> | > communications path for the security intermittent, therefore not
making
> | > committment that their eqiupment will work with VOIP.
> |
> | It's not, the problem is VOIP has no set standards so something that
works
> | with one standard may not work with another.

Digital phone service by Brighthouse Cable was down all over
Central Florida earlier this week for something like 14 hours.
It may have been out all over Florida.
No phone service whatsoever on Brighthouse network. I would
think that VoIP was out also.......

That's what happens when you use an entertainment company for your
life safety needs such as telephone service.

Norm Mugford