Re: Firelite MS5024UD

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dqY4f.77750$lq6.31879@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Frank Olson" <Please-use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:0LV4f.214792$oW2.114939@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> The "warranty" issue should be handled by your distributor, and not
> between
>> you and FireLite.  When you purchase a vehicle in September '05 that was
>> made in February 2005 the warranty starts from when you drive it off the
>> lot, not from the date it was made.  The manufacturer's date is there to
>> identify specific issues with the hardware or firmware and has absolutely
>> nothing to do with the "in service" date or the day you buy it from Tried
>> (if however you purchased something from Tried and found out it was made
> in
>> 1999, I'd take it back and give 'em hell!).
>
> Heh, Tri-Ed pulls that shit with me now and then; pointing to the date on
> board as a warranty qualifier. (DSC)
> js

I ran into that situation just once.  Now I have them open the cans and
right the dates right on the invoice.  The ULC panels have serial numbers on
them so it makes identifying specific panels easier but not completely
fool-proof (the serial number isn't on the board).  The solution would
probably involve an extra step at the factory but if they did that with all
their units, there would be no argument.