Re: Firelite MS5024UD

"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bJudnfoBaPn8Ic7enZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >>
> >> P.S.  Remember the FBII XL-31.  Has runaways with CID reporting.
Switch
> >> back to pulse 4 X 2 and it works just fine.
> >
> > True but did that lock up the panel? No
> >

> The latest.
>
> ME
> The problem is it is not consistent.  Its been almost three months since
the
> last problem with this panel.  I have also ordered some phone line
> suppressors just to be on the safe side.
>

> THEM
>
> Bob,
>
> Let us know what the final outcome is.
>
> Thanks
>

> ME
>
> Well, push come to shove you have a problem with this panel.  I can see
> communications problems, but there is absolutely no good reason for it to
> lock up regardless.
>
> P.S.  This panel  was installed this year and is most definitely still
under
> warranty.

THEM:
Bob,

If you look on the board, there should be a white sticker with a persons
name on it, with numbers (ex. Dawn S 4003), the first two digits represent
the week and the last two are the year it was manufactured, so the example
would be the 40th week of 2003. A year from that date is the warranty from
FireLite.

ME:
Interesting.
So you guys won't honor the warranty on a panel from the date of sale?
It didn't sit on my shelf, but I can't speak for the distributor.

Further comments.
We shall see what they say.  They are now going out of their way to
prequalify it as probably not under warranty.  Are things really that bad
over at Firelite?

--
The Security Consultant
Bob La Londe - Owner