Re: Firelite MS5024UD

"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:rrudnfl79qOIc87enZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> THEM:
> Bob,
>
> If you look on the board, there should be a white sticker with a persons
> name on it, with numbers (ex. Dawn S 4003), the first two digits represent
> the week and the last two are the year it was manufactured, so the example
> would be the 40th week of 2003. A year from that date is the warranty from
> FireLite.

The "warranty" issue should be handled by your distributor, and not between
you and FireLite.  When you purchase a vehicle in September '05 that was
made in February 2005 the warranty starts from when you drive it off the
lot, not from the date it was made.  The manufacturer's date is there to
identify specific issues with the hardware or firmware and has absolutely
nothing to do with the "in service" date or the day you buy it from Tried
(if however you purchased something from Tried and found out it was made in
1999, I'd take it back and give 'em hell!).

> ME:
> Interesting.
> So you guys won't honor the warranty on a panel from the date of sale?
> It didn't sit on my shelf, but I can't speak for the distributor.
>
> Further comments.
> We shall see what they say.  They are now going out of their way to
> prequalify it as probably not under warranty.  Are things really that bad
> over at Firelite?

Nope.  You got a guy that didn't know what the heck he was talkin' about.