Re: Devcon Buys Out Coastal Security, Adelphia, & Guardian

Bob Worthy wrote:

> I CAN GUARANTEE you that any of the small businesses posting here
> DEFINITELY HAVE SMALL PRINT ON THEIR CONTRACTS.

I have stayed out of your threads and even tryed to get you to email me
talk to you about your involvement here, which you obviously chose not
do. The more I read your continuous flow of vomit, I realize you really
don't know anything about your subject matter.
Bob, for the record I DID e-mail you, and received no response back.
By the way, since you KNOW IT ALL, I am glad the e-mail didn't get
through.  Things happen for a reason.
There are laws governing the size of print on certain items of a
contract (the real legal stuff). If you don't follow the rules, you
will be getting a call from the Attorney
Generals office. You may obviously be using information passed onto you
(hearsay) by a rogue salesmanager, whom probably is no longer with the
companies you worked for as well, as a sales tool. The truth of the
matter
is that small businesses makes up 95% of the industry and we all have
attorneys to counsel us, to prepare our contracts, have wonderful
support
from major organizations and numerous publications to keep us apprized
of
the many pitfalls that being in business can bring. Many states require
continueing education, i.e. Florida, where serveral business related
hours
of education are mandated for each license renewal. You probably are
not
aware of those requirements though.

Bob,

Sure, I am aware that certain things on a contract must be a certain
legal size or Larger. You seem to be trying to sweep the fact that
there are MANY things on a contract that are "glumped" into the
contract that are as small as possible, and utilizing as many technical
words as possible.  The contracts I had people sign, I went over them
as much as possible, never lied to anyone, and from experience, I can
tell you and anyone else (heavy emphasis on the "anyone else), that
MOST people and most salespeople do not take the time to read the two
or three legal size pages on the BACK of the agreements BEFORE THEY
SIGN.

I believe you have stumbled into a very casual newsgroup. Don't
misinterpret the casualness of the group as a weakness of the persons
that are involved. I think you are over you head here. After all, you
are a self admitted sales jockey who is only as good as his last sale.
I personally know the folks at the ADT branchs you mentioned
and you didn't fit into their corporate world, and at P1, you just
didn't
speak their language, if you know what I mean. The vast majority of the
folks, in this group, have had many of your type come and go and if
they are
like me, have forgotten your name by the next week. I think it is time
for
you to find another playpen.

Bob, once again, I think you are just spewing your own sour grapes
here.  You'd like nothing better for me and anyone trying to educate
the buying public to "go find another playpen, so we don't corrupt or
correct your little PAYPEN.  I have news for you, I doubt very
seriously you know the branch at ADT, and the people there on any
significant type of basis.  Number 2, if Bell South Security at the
Coconut Creek Branch could have gotten my sales installed in a TIMELY
manner, I WOULD PROBABLY STILL BE THERE.  Let me say it another
way....I AM THE ONE THAT RESIGNED..........

I'm not spewng sour grapes, I got out of the industry.  I turned Brinks
down twice to go sell for them, and I am happy selling aluminum.  I
make way more money, drive less, and have better hours.  The language
Bell South speaks is to take their sweet time installing, and drag a
salesman's commissions out as long as possible.  The sales agreement,
when you are hired says they will pay you for UP TO 30 DAYS after you
leave, IF YOU LEAVE VOLUNTARILY.  It says they will pay you for
installs UP TO 60 DAYS AFTER YOU ARE TERMINATED, IF THEY FIRE YOU.  I
SHOULD have stayed and got fired, but I wanted to get on with my life.
I was also tired of having to drive from West Palm Beach to Coconut
Creek to turn paperwork in, and getting lied to.  So, you're right, I
DIDN'T SPEAK THE SAME LANGUAGE AS THEY DID.  I TELL THE TRUTH, and THEY
LIED....more than once.  I DON'T REGRET RESIGNING.