Re: Bass Burhglar Alarms

Frank Olson wrote:

>> I never asked for your forgiveness nor did I offer forgiveness to you.
>
> No, but you "waltzed" back in here after thirty days fully expecting
everyone here to "start over" from scratch...

Wrong.  I simply logged on and posted.  There was neither a waltz nor
an expectation involved.  In fact, I pretty much expected you to do
exactly what you did, try to start a fight.  Sure enough...

>> Your continual vendetta against me has brought you repeated chastisement from numerous regulars and visitors.

>> I'll post about security alarms and politely answer questions.  I suggest you do the same.

> Fine.  Let's call this a "contract", shall we??

Call it anything you want.

>> and have everyone here...

>> You don't speak for "everyone here".

> Where did I say I did??

It was implied in your statement.

>> I suggest you let it go permanently.  The newsgroup will be better for it.

> Done!  I shall adhere to the FAQ.

Good.

>>> As for BBA...  I should tell you to enable security alerts on your web browser (if you're using IE).

>> My browsers (IE, Netscape and Firefox) all show my pages without any problems.

>>> You'll notice that every page you try to load comes up with a bogus message that you're cruising a "secure site".

>> Those messages are generated by your browser.

> As well as your customer's browsers...

As soon as one of my customers has the same problem you say you have
I'll deal with it.  I average over 800 unique hosts per day on each of
my two main websites.  So far you're the only one who says you have a
problem with security.

> if they have the same security settings active.  All I'm saying is that you've got code in your header that IE (at the particular settings I employ) picks up.

You are 100% wrong.  There is no security code in the headers at all.

> It makes your site a "kludge"...

Well, let's see.  My websites are among the most popular in the
security industry.  Google rates my site a 5, the same as those of most
of the major manufacturers.  I can't keep up with all the sales calls.
Last time I bothered to look, your website was rated 0 by Google.

> If you don't appreciate the "critique", just say so
and I'll keep my mouth shut about that too so you can go on your merry
way...  Mind you, your customers (those with higher security settings
in
their browsers) will too...

Nope.  I don't appreciate your critique.  I'll take the risk that there
may be some customer out there who can't get past the non-existant
code.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com