Re: Bass Burhglar Alarms

"Frank Olson"wrote:

> Welcome back, Robert...  I missed ya, ya big lug!!!

Uh-huh.

> Uh-huh....  sure...  You might want to check on the last
> one...  It seems that "X-10" may have an issue with your
> "ownership" of that site...

Nope.  Their website ends in .com while mine ends in .us.  The
similarity ends there.  I sell very few X-10 products.  They sell
nothing but.

> And for pete's sake...  fix the frickin' top tabs at B-H!!!

I've actually been working on that. The second site was generated from
the main one but there were numerous errors in it -- broken links, etc.
 Since it's primary purpose is to reflect links to the
www.bassburglaralarms.com site, it wasn't a high priority problem.
With the work on our newest site going forward I decided to fix
everything once and for all.

> How about "Rfreshing" the spelling too...

That's a redirect of the 404 page and it's going away soon anyway.

> And the bogus security codes on the BBA pages really
make cruisin' the site slo-oOoOo-w.

There are no security codes, bogus or otherwise on my pages. Only the
SCART is encrypted once you get to the page that asks for personal
information. Everything else is ordinary HTML.  If you have trouble
"cruisin" it's probably your machine or your connection. There is one
exception to that.  When I "generate" the websites the system creates
nearly 20,000 static HTML pages for each website.  During that time
period page delivery slows to a crawl and 404 errors ("Rfreshing" as
they may be:)) are common.

>> A few folks sent birthday cards (which I read weeks later upon my return from Brazil).  Thanks for the thoughts, as well as the concern from several who sent e-mail and two who called to ask if all was well.

> I would have called and written too...  But I figured if you were really
sick, hearing from me would probably give you a "kanipshun" and put you

"over the edge"...

Do you really believe that you have that much affect on anyone?

>> I noticed a lengthy thread with questions and suppositions about my website.

> Uh-huh...  I also noticed you took down the "about us" page on the BBA site.
You going to "Rfresh" that too???

Nope.  The page contained multiple references to the
www.bassburglaralarms.com website.  The same database is used to
generate multiple sites. If you look at my pages long enouogh (and
apparently you do) you'll notice that the body of each page is generic
-- it makes no reference to the website itself. That means no more
"about us" page.

>> The phone numbers are changing because I selected a new VoIP provider.

> Contragulations!!!  Do your Napco and Elk panels all work with it??  Or did
you keep your "Pots" line too??

I haven't tried yet.  I'll let you know when I do.

>> The number on my contact page is tremporary and will soon be replaced by a new 800 number.

> Why not use the same one as "B-H"??

I wanted something easy to remember.  You'll see it when it's published
later this week.

>> We're setting up a server-based auto attendant to direct calls to customer service, technical support or sales.

> Lesse...  would that be the blue, lime-green, and red phones on your desk??
:-))

If it makes you feel better to pretend my site is still a one-man
operation, feel free.

>> Hopefully, the queue system will function as planned, eliminating long waits and busy signals which have been a royal pain for a while now.

> No need to tell us...  We've also seen the complaints...

Mm-hmm.  All three of them.

>> Our address is changing, too.  I'm in the process of purchasing a larger home with more office space and more bedrooms (Brazilian relatives keep drifting in :)).

> Why not simply add an extension to the trailer??  Pitch a tent by the
pool???

Great idea. The only problem is the lanai at the new house is almost as
big as the entire current home. When the sale is complete I'm sure you
or someone else here will look it up in the county's website.

>> Now for the on topic part of the post.

> Be still, my beating heart!!!

You're asking for a heart stoppage???

>> I'm looking for someone with extensive knowledge of security, fire and communications systems to help with telephone sales.  Hours and work week scheduling are flexible.

> Translation...  be prepared to answer the phone when Robert doesn't...

Not quite.  Sales calls are routed to the commission salesman's
station.  Only if s/he is busy or away will they come to my station.

> Would that be on "Florida time"???

Naah, Bahian time.  :^)

>> Commissions should top $100K if you're willing to work.

> And hopefully, no more complaints get filed with the BBB!!!  I'll bet that
puts a real crimp in the old sales volume...

Sales volume is fine. The problem is finding time to answer every sales
call.  That's why I need to hire someone.  I estimate that for every
sale I make there are from one to three more who go unanswered.
Customer service has improved significantly since I got help in that
arena.  Hopefully we can have an equally positive affect on sales when
there are two (or more?) folks handling incoming calls.

>> VoIP services allow you to work from home or just about anyplace else with a broadband connection.

> Uh-huh...  and if you use a wireless network, you could "sell from the
throne"...

True.  Besides I'd never be "flush" out of ideas.  :)

> If you have a broad-based knowledge of security systems, a pleasant but persuasive (non-agressive) phone manner and would like to strike out on your own, please contact me at your convenience.

> In other words...
> --- snip ---

You couldn't keep it civil for one whole post, eh?  That's unfortunate.