Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

Where I live, at county and city level you have to have a permit if you
even install a public address system with low-voltage wiring.  Anything
kind of installation you will have a green card, which runs almost $60
a pop.  Gov't is hurting for money and as I said 5 years ago, as we
further globalize, gov't will have to make up the short-fall by coming
back to taxpayers and now businesses.  They will, in a word, have to
create new and innovative ways to regain their lost tax revenue.  Do
you see this as a possible reason why cities and counties might gladly
embrace this kind of arrangment?