Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

>> Remember spewing this nonsense?
>
> Nope.
>
>> 18/2 STRANDED for a transformer?
>
> You have a problem with using 18/2 stranded wire for a plug-in
> transformer?

I sure do, Robert...  First...  I wouldn't use a "plug-in" transformer for a
security system.  That just invites the user to unplug it so he can use some
other house-hold appliance in its place and conveniently forget to plug it
back in afterwards.  All ours are hard-wired in.  Using stranded conductors
also invites the possibility of a dead short across the transformer
terminals...

>> Your installations were so far from UL
>> it's comical.
>
> You've probably never seen one of my installations.

Isn't that interesting...  You haven't seen any of Jim's installations
either and you still don't know where I work...

>> Almost as hysterical as that home-based
>> "central station" you had...
>
> Yes, I built my own central station.  I bought a house from a doctor.  Was
> a perfect arrangement for a non-listed central station.  The office space
> was separated from the living area.

Uh-huh... and on really hot days, you could just hit the old remote and
"roll up" one wall to allow a whole lot of fresh air in, right??.  Hope you
didn't forget to take down the pictures and "certificates of appreciation"
you'd tacked on to the overhead door first...  :-))