Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

I really don't think it has anything to do with politics.  It has
everything to do with profit potential, not only for the organizations
we are discussing, but also for every and any municipality and
governmental body that accepts and promotes the use of 730 and 731.  Is
that your take or not?

Regarding UL, if memory serves me right, this organization is working
to recruit local AHJs to mandate UL certification for all fire alarm
installation companies.  Do you think that the acceptance of these two
standards and the subsequent institutionalization of same will lead to
an effort by UL and others to do the same thing where it comes to
electronic security?

Can I quote you on any of your comments if I write a story on this?

Thanks,

Al