Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

Norm,

Some good thoughts.  In my opinion, it won't be the life safety AHJ who
will be in charge of enforcement of these security standards.  Why, in
many municipalities, the people with knowledge of fire alarm detection
and such are no longer the real AHJ as it is--but rather their city or
county building department, the plans examiner, the electrical
inspector, all the above.

No, it won't be the FD that enforces and profits by NFPA 730 and 731.
It won't the the PD either.  It's going to be local government on the
one hand, UL because of the third-party certification that will come
out of it, and it will be the code writing body.

Anyone care to comment on that, I'd surely like to hear both for and
against.

Norm, can I quote any portions of your thoughts as written if I write a
story on this?

Thanks so much,

Al