Re: Question about Brinks

news:4PWdnaraEIeMPRbfRVn-qQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Any one care to tell this gentleman about
> > re-wiring his telephone line once he
> > disconnects the RJ Telco jack inside the
> > panel and shoves the wires back in the wall.
>
> Does Brinks install the RJ31X inside the panel in your area, Bob.  The
> Brinks systems I removed had the RJ outside the box.  You only need to
> unplug the jack to disconnect the alarm.  The phone line isn't affected if
> you don't have to remove the jack.

The Brinks panels now have a very short RJ Cord built into the panel and the
RJ is usually inside. Otherwise, they would have to use the knock-out and a
grommet (yea, right). The ones I have seen lately have had the RJ inside. Be
that as it may, if someone is going to remove the panel, whether the RJ is
inside or out, it will go too. If the RJ stays, then yes you are right, the
phone line will not be an issue.

Bob4Secur