Re: Question about Brinks

news:Pe6dnQfopMezHBbfRVn-ig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I have a brinks system. How do I go about
> > removing power to disconnect it?
>
> There is a plug-in transformer in an outlet somewhere to provide low
voltage
> power to the master control panel.  Inside the master control panel there
is
> a backup battery.  Unplug the transformer and disconnect the leads from
the
> battery.  That will render the thing even more useless.  The master
control
> panel is also connected to the telephone line.  Unplug the phone cord from
> the control panel.
>
> Once the system is powered down you can remove the transmitters and
sensors
> if you like.  Place everything in a box.  *After* you remove everything,
> send a registered letter to Brinks telling them to come and pick up the
> system.  They probably won't bother to come but give them 30 days just to
be
> sure.  Then throw the system in the dumpster.
>
> Side note: Before you dump can the battery, contact your municipal waste
> agency to see if they have a policy regarding lead/acid batteries.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Any one care to tell this gentleman about re-wiring his telephone line once
he disconnects the RJ Telco jack inside the panel and shoves the wires back
in the wall. If not, he may be left without phone service. Hint:
Twist the red and black together and cap off. Then the yellow and green
together and cap off. If CAT3 or CAT5 was used, twist the White w/blue strip
and the White w/orange strip together and cap off and then the Blue w/white
strip and the Orange w/white stripe together and cap off. This will keep
your phone service in tact after disconnecting the RJ31X Telco jack inside
the security panel.

Bob4Secur