Re: Question about Brinks

> I have a brinks system. How do I go about
> removing power to disconnect it?

There is a plug-in transformer in an outlet somewhere to provide low voltage
power to the master control panel.  Inside the master control panel there is
a backup battery.  Unplug the transformer and disconnect the leads from the
battery.  That will render the thing even more useless.  The master control
panel is also connected to the telephone line.  Unplug the phone cord from
the control panel.

Once the system is powered down you can remove the transmitters and sensors
if you like.  Place everything in a box.  *After* you remove everything,
send a registered letter to Brinks telling them to come and pick up the
system.  They probably won't bother to come but give them 30 days just to be
sure.  Then throw the system in the dumpster.

Side note: Before you dump can the battery, contact your municipal waste
agency to see if they have a policy regarding lead/acid batteries.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics