Re: NFPA's Creation of Security Standards/Codes

>> It will be the building departments -- the same
>> procedure we use now when installing fire
>> alarm systems.  You will take your blueprints
>> with your security systems on it, fill out a form,
>> pluck $90 down on the table (more or less)...
>
> That would eliminate 90% of small alarm installers who can't read
> blueprints, let alone create their own.  Furthermore, the vast majority of
> retrofit jobs don't have prints available at all.  Most fire alarm permit
> applications do not require blueprints.
>
>> If it passes, you are given a call to come
>> and get your permit...
>
> The vast majority of companies doing retrofit alarm jobs never pull a
> permit.  They won't start complying with a new, stricter code if they
> already ignore an easy to follow one.

"Vast majority", "never", "90%", "most"...  It's been a while since you've
been "in the trade", Robert, but even when you were, CT required permits
(remember you got caught for installing without one and not having the
proper license)...

If it wasn't for the humour that your continued attempts at intelligent
comment (often resulting in your having to wipe shoe polish from your lips)
evokes, this Group would have to rely on Leuck's "wild shorts" pictures and
pages from Tom's "New Yawk Wilder Date Diary" for entertainment...

Are you ever going to tell us the "where" and the "when" it was that you
"removed a Brinks panel"??  How about telling us where we can find the "UL
Listing" for the "help system" you put together for Edwards with
over-the-counter third party software??