Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

mikey wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> snipped...
> > VERY reliable if it's installed properly. But, as I've said in the
> > past, generally speaking, it takes me just about as long to do a
> > wireless system as it does a wired system. I really detail the
> > placement and signal strength of transmitters and receivers. I did
> > relatively small system (small house) a few weeks ago and got 10's
on
> > all 22 transmitters with one receiver.
> >

> and then you woke up.
>
> I find that very hard to believe, Jim. Not the time issue, I
wholeheartedly
> agree, wireless IS NOT a quicker install. But 22 txs all at full
strength?
> Was this a doll house? and did they have indoor plumbing?
> Sounds like one of the 3 little pigs' places and not the brick one
either...
> hahahahahahaha , don't go bass on me here, Jim, just having a little
> fun at your expense :-)

It was a cottage, about 1000 sq ft, at the most. one floor, five rooms.
Closet almost in the center of the house. Not more than about 20 25
feet from the furthest transmitter. 15 window/door openings, two PIR's
and 5 glass break detctors. Hardwired the basement and smoke detectors.
Whoops, that's 21 transmitters, I hardwired the front door too.
Unmarried lady, about 40, 1 block away from a highschool. (ie *BAAAD*
DUDES boppin down the street)Her boss is helping her pay for the
system, so she went all out. Hmmm, well, maybe she's not going to be
alone ALL the time ........ she may reciprocate.