Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

Ok let's do the math.

Vista 15 kit wireless -$185.00
cell backup              -$125.00
Installer commission -$80.00 (yes I know what they pay)
Sales commission    -$80.00
Total $470.00
Throw in overhead. In fact say overhead is an additional $200.00
We're now at $670.00

They invest $670.00 and are funded $1320.00
No doubt whatsoever that they are entitled to make a profit, but they
don't service their clients Bob. 2 months from now when this guy
realizes he doesn't have proper line seizure and he needs a tech to
repair it he will have to wait until the ticket is reassigned to
another dealer.
Their sales tactics are carny, their installers lack decent training,
and the customer service sucks.
Know why I call them the Mormon Doorknockers?
They bring these kids in from Utah every spring to canvass
neighborhoods with this bullshit.
I recall one customer telling me they were told that service wouldn't
be available now because the office was closed and everyone was going
back to school.
It's like the kids selling magazines. These clowns have no place in the
security industry.