Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

You guys are all forgetting the cellular backup communicator.  I know what
they cost to operate, and I know what they cost.  Considering the situation
I doubt this guy got a bad deal.  I know I wouldn't do a free wireless
system with cell backup as primary communications for any less.

One way or another you have to make money on every installation.  Either on
the installation or on the monitoring contract.  DO THE MATH.

I have a few clients who are stuck on the free installation thing.  They
have decent systems installed for free.  One fellow has three businesses
with cell backup, and a varying degree of coverage and equipment.  He is
paying several hundred dollars a month.  Even still it will be years before
I start to make back my investment in his alarm systems.

Ultimately I am in business to make money and so is everybody else who
installs alarm systems.  If we don't make money then we will quit.