Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > And, you don't know very much about the present Napco wireless.
> > Obviously only what you read.
>
> Has Napco Gemini wireless changed in the last few days?   As of the
last
> time I looked int he stock room this morning it looked pretty much
the same
> as when I started using it several years ago except there are a few
more
> devices.  It has been very reliable for me.  The RF keypad is a nice
touch.
> I wish they would come out with a wireless keypad.
>
> Bob

Nah, nothing "brand" new. But a few years ago, they made some changes
to the transmitters that were supposed to improve them but along with
that came some things that changed how they had to be installed. BUT
...... aside from the great success I've had with them, I've got a list
of about ten items of improvements that would sure make them alot
easier to install, from the installers point of view. I'd like to see a
small "button" transmitter like the ademco unit but wouldn't want to
sacrafice signal strength.

I haven't tried the new RF keypad because I always use the top end
alpha numeric Rcp12ae7y3rjklmnopq (or what ever the hell it is) keypad.
And the RF kepad isn't the same. I don't want the client to have to
learn to use two different keypads, so I just stick to the receivers.

VERY reliable if it's installed properly. But, as I've said in the
past, generally speaking, it takes me just about as long to do a
wireless system as it does a wired system. I really detail the
placement and signal strength of transmitters and receivers. I did a
relatively small system (small house) a few weeks ago and got 10's on
all 22 transmitters with one receiver.