Re: News: Wrong security code

The corporate side is way out of my area of interest or knowledge so I can't
comment one way or the other. I only go by what I see in the residential
arena. And I don't like what I see by any stretch of the imagination. I hope
J. Shoud is right that the new Canadian exec is going to clean up ADT's
residential act. I do try to see both sides of an issue, and I do try to
always be fair about things, but IMO, they are the very worst of what our
industry has to offer. Maybe it's a good thing there is such a disconnect
between the troops on the street and their top executive. If they ever got
their act together, they really might become competition, high prices or
not...

There ARE lots of the blue signs popping up everywhere in the newer
residential neighbourhoods. So they must either be doing things right, or
there are enough stupid people or lazy shoppers around that choose to buy
their drastically overpriced services. Around here, the hordes of amateurs
with their free signs are continually bombarding people door to door until
they just wear people down I guess.....no other way to explain why people
would buy such a serious service from rank amateurs....

Either way, it doesn't matter to me. As soon as they realize how expensive
their system is over the longer term, their clients come to me and others
like me for more reasonable prices. And like I said, I'll soon be rid of
their monitoring station as soon as I can move these last few clients.

Glad to see you back on the newsgroup. It was getting downright tame and
uninteresting without you......:)))

RHC