Re: News: Wrong security code

Yes, cancel codes seems to be common practice in our area. But ADT (at least
in our area) don't seem to use cancel codes. Since they are so huge, they
likely don't want to see cancel codes coming in from their 5 million
customers, because this would undoubtably increase their staffing costs on
the boards dramatically. So typically what they do here is program a 30
second delay before transmission (even with the risks that entails...). But
if the signals do come in beyond that period, they only call the home, THEN
dispatch, then continue down the customer calling list. In our area, this
causes untold false alarms - so much so, that local police forces (as I'm
told) automatically treat every ADT dispatch as a false alarm.

My partner company called me up the other day to tell me that he finally got
rid of the last of his clients on ADT's station, having swung them over to
the local station we both use. He invited me out for a drink to celebrate. I
still have 16 to go....:((((

RHC