Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for Residential Alarm and Home Automation

It's valid in that mail to e-google@xxxxxxxxxxxx will reach my
Autoresponder.  The Autoresponder will then give you the real email address
to use.  This is a bit of a hassle I know, but it does an amazing job of
killing SPAM to this address.  If SPAMers discover the real email address, I
just change it and update the Autoresponder.  Believe it or not, this works
very well. I get about one SPAM a week on average using this technique.  I
don't use any Anti-SPAM software on my system, and have been doing this
style of email management for years with about a dozen different ISPs.  It
works because SPAMers won't read the email from my Autoresponder, so they
never find out the real email address.

In cases where I can't use the Autoresponder, I use private email addresses
which are always "real".  These private email addresses are rarely misused,
and when they are misused, I know exactly who did it and will kill that
address and assign a new one.

-earlw

"G. Morgan" <alarmprosnail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Subject: Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for
Residential
> Alarm and Home Automation
> Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms
> => Earl Wallace <=  wrote:
>

> >Looks like Ademco addresses the RS232 bi-directional serial port issue
with
> >the Ademco VA8201 Alpha Pager Module:
> >
> >  http://www.ademco.com/ademco/products/expansion_accessories/VA8201.htm
> >  The VA8201 Alpha Pager Module (APM) provides the VISTA-128BP/128FB
> >  and VISTA-  250BP/250FBP control panels with alpha paging, parallel
> >  printer output, serial printer output and or home/facility automation
> >  control functions using a RS232 bi-directional communications protocol.
> >  The APM transmits alphanumeric security control panel dependent
> >  messages to the paging service using Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol.
> >
> >Ademco describes how to use this module with the VISTA-128BP in this PDF
> >Document:
> >
> >  http://www.ademco.com/pdf/Home%20Automation.pdf
>

> Okay, I may be mistaken...  I'll research it tomato!  I'll let you know.
I;I'll